Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Mu Uline icemaker overflows. When set to the smallest cube…

Customer Question
Mu Uline icemaker overflows...

Mu Uline icemaker overflows. When set to the smallest cube it drips constantly. When set to avg cube side, it runs constantly. water stops when I turn off the icemaker

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Looks very much like BI98. 5-7 years old?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Http://www.u-line.com/userguide/pdf/index/sku/U-BI98B-00A/?___store=us hoping to do the work myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If you can get to that link, page 22 of the guide, item 2 - is the adjustment I was referring to. At minimum - drips - at average runs constantly

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
http://www.u-line.com/userguide/pdf/index/sku/U-BI98B-00A/?___store=us.. adjustment item 2. drips constantly filling the bin over 24 hours when at smallest. pours water when at nominal.
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

ok if it is the icemaker inside the unit that is dripping /overfilling , you have a water inlet valve that is leaking . and will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

i pulled that part out. I confirmed I have a BI98, but the valve is a 2552A. I found a parts site that showed 2552A replaced by 80-40029-00, which has been replaced by 80-54624-00 which has been replaced by 80-54356-00. The last one is what you pointed me to, but it has different fittings. My question - do these all function the same? Will any of them work? 80-54356-00 requires different hose fittings.