Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a DD603 with an F2 error - I worked out it is the…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a DD603 with an F2 error - I worked out it is the rotor and followed the video to remove it and all going to plan until the top half of the rotor came off and left the bottom part of the rotor still in the base of the washer - i tried pliers. nail file, fingers to pull it up and nothing - it moves round with no issue but cannot get it to come up and out . Not sure what else I can do -as it seems a very simple fix and I can get the part to replace it easily

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a Fisher and Paykel single dish drawer about 10yo DD603

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its as simple as replacing the rotor then yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that is it - a stuck rotor base - just need advise as to what to do next

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So you are correct that this error means you have a bad rotor. Unfortunately it has seized in place which can make it very difficult to remove which is the reason you can't remove it right now. To remove it, you'll need to twist it counter clockwise and pull straight up. If it pulls apart and the bottom part stays in the receptacle, then you need vice grips to grab the center shaft and pull up to see if it'll pull out. Now if the center metal shaft pulls out of the base also, this is when you must use a drill and drill a hole through the center where the shaft was inserted and drill at a 45 degree angle about 1 inch or so. This hole will allow you to stick a screwdriver into it so you can twist and rotate the base so that it breaks free and you can finally remove it to replace the rotor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc