Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We bought our new compactor in April, and suddenly today, it…

Customer Question
Hello, We bought...

Hello, We bought our new compactor in April, and suddenly today, it has a "dragging" feeling when we push the drawer in. There is nothing we can see stuck in the ram, Is there a way to pull the drawer out and operate the ram so we can see if there is something in there?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We'd be happier not to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I'm aware of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Given the age, I would strongly advise you contact the store/installer and ask for their preferred Service Tech

This is still under Warranty and you WILL void this if you attempt anything other than basic cleaning.
Call the place where it was bought as a first point of contact and ask for their advice before attempting a home repair in this case.

or....please advise ZipCode so I can direct you to local support if that is what you feel you need

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, so please do not shoot the messenger, it is to save you time, money and the threat of unwanted repercussions.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe (I am in Australia), many have our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.