Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My French door fridge temp set button is stuck on EC f and I…

Customer Question
My French door fridge...

My French door fridge temp set button is stuck on EC f and I can't get it to set. How do I set the inside temp

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

GE French door gfe24jgkafww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

GE French door gfe24jgkafww

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If it's not too complicated Got the same msg on freezer side but was able to clear it and set temp to 0

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Is it really EC f ??

This is not a listed code... maybe a typo ??

The GE fridge codes below may seem to be error codes but are normal:

tC: If the temperature display shows a tC (could look like an EC, an upside down F with a C), this is not an error code, it is the Turbo Cool (tC) setting.

tF: If the temperature display shows a tF (Could look like an EF, an upside down F with an F), this is not an error code, it is the Turbo Freeze (tF) setting.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe (I am in Australia), many have our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.