Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I went to get water from the front of our refrigerator

Customer Question
I went to get...

I went to get water from the front of our refrigerator (model GI5SVAXVL01) and it beeped at me and would not give out water.Would you push a button the whole panel lights up. We've noticed that the motor is not running but the light is on inside the refrigerator. What is th problem and how do we fix it

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It's a Whirlpool model GI5SVAXVL01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's double french doors with the freezer at the bottom It has the ice and water distributor on the left front door

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have the dispenser lock out turned on?

To Lock and Unlock Dispenser:

Press and hold the Lock/Unlock touch pad for 3 seconds to lock the dispenser. The indicator light will illuminate when Lock is on.

Press and hold the Lock/Unlock touch pad again for 3 seconds to unlock dispenser. The indicator light will turn off.

Let me know please!