Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Elite HE 3 electric dryer that will heat up…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Kenmore Elite HE 3 electric dryer that will heat up on a cycle and then quit has an ERROR and then another time it just stops

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replaced the duct work for outside but thats all i did and it stills stops

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What error are you getting when the dryer stops? And when the dryer stops, can you start it up right away again or do you have to wait?

Lastly, do you have the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way? It starts with 110. XXXXXX.

ERROR 1 I BELIEVE AND THEN THE OTHER IT JUST STOPS I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM RESTARTING SOMETIMES IT WILL STOP AGAIN AND SOMETIMES IT WILL FINISH DRYING MOST TIMES WHEN IT STOPS I HAVE TO KEEP STARTING TO GET THE CLOTHING DRY
I WILL TRY TO GET A DRYING #
THE error I IS THE ERROR

OK so E1 means that your temperature sensor inside the dryer is failing and the sensor needs to be replaced because when it's reading incorrectly the dryer shuts down and won't start again. The part number is ***** and below is a link to a video on how to replace the sensor

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

DO YOU STILL NEED MODEL #
IF IT IS JUST THE SENSOR WHERE WOULD I FIND IT

I do not for that error code. These HE3 units all use the same thermistor part number.

expert advise

Thank you. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?