Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Question I have a maytag refridgerator mod MSD2655HEB that…

Customer Question
Question I have a...

Question I have a maytag refridgerator mod MSD2655HEB that is not getting cold

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Two sided refrigerator neither side is cooling

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes 9 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Issue just started yesterday

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?

I can hear a fan although the freezer is cold

The freezer is cold or is not cold?

sorry the freezer is not cold and the fresh side is warming up also. So both sides are not cold
hello

Thank you! Can you pull it out and remove the panel at the bottom in the back?

Once off, the compressor is the round, black ball looking part back there.

1. Is it hot or cool?
  2. Vibrating or no?
ok can you give me a few minutes to take it off

Of course, just post back when you can, thank you.

I am back vibrating yes lightly not hot

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

sure

Behind the compressor, there is a copper line that is running through the plastic drain pan. Is that copper line all green and corroded looking or clean?

checking give me a sec

Thank you.

I want to make sure I am looking at the correct cooper line. there appears to be 2 lines coming out of the black ball.. One looks to come out and up into the body of the refrigerator that line is green. The other lines are the cooper color.
the second line appears to go behind the black ball.

Thank you. The green color is not good. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I can take a picture if that will provide clarity of my description is not clear.

No, I have all the information I need. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

oh no that not what I wanted to hear for sure.

The green lines mean the copper has corroded due to electrolysis. That is pretty common on these and the refrigerant has leaked from the sealed refrigeration system, supported by the compressor running but no cooling and the condition of the copper line. This is a repair that requires advanced training and very specialized equipment as well as a federal license to handle the refrigerant. To have this professionally repaired, you could expect to pay about $250-300 + parts. At 9 years, I would look at replacing the refrigerator if that is an option.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

is there anyone whom you would recommend for service

May I have your zip code, please?