Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dometic mod.dm2652 propane and 120 voltage heat but does not…

Customer Question
Dometic mod.dm2652 propane and...

Dometic mod.dm2652 propane and 120 voltage heat but does not transfer heat to coils appears stopped up or has lost ammonia charge

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Problem just started when i was getting ready for a trip put up two month ago was fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I'm a electrical and a/c contractor

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2017
Appliance Technician: RJ, Appliance Tech. replied 10 months ago
RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So it sounds like the cooling unit could have failed on this if you are getting NO cooling on BOTH LP and AC power. The flue would also be very hot to the touch.

What you can try to see if the thermistor is the problem is go to the outside access panel and locate the circuit board, you will see a 2 wire connector going into the board, it is below a 6 wire connector. IF you unplug that connector the fridge should default to FULL cooling, if the fridge cools when you disconnect the thermistor at the board the thermistor is bad. The other end sits inside the fridge on a fin behind a plastic piece that slides up and down on the fin.

Make sure the fridge is level as well, if not re-level and let sit for a few hours. I have also had customers tell me that sometimes tapping the coils with a rubber mallet will sometimes work, but that is not a guaranty.

A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, smell ammonia. For a blockage you would not have any symptoms at all the fridge appears to be working on both LP and AC but it just will not cool....

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping out...

Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert