Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What is the correct temperature for the dials for the

Customer Question
What is the correct...

What is the correct temperature for the dials for the refrigerator and freezer combination unit. Is the red point the directional setting?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Amana freezer on top of frig model 18 about 15 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I want to know how to adjust the temperature dials myself. Is the red tip the temperaure indicator

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What indicates the control number -? the red point?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?