Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer just started squealing. HE5 Kenmore mod

Customer Question
My dryer just started...

My dryer just started squealing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

HE5 Kenmore mod 110-87131700

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends.... wanna try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I turn it by hand makes a squeal as it turns....

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see no one has assisted you as of yet! I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you remove the lower front panel and see if the noise is coming from the belt idler pulley ?