Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kind sir. I have a whirpool model T1WG2L and it is working…

Customer Question
Hello kind sir. I...

Hello kind sir. I have a whirpool model T1WG2L and it is working intermitanly and I cannot figure it out. It is a beautiful side by side and I don't want to replace it if I do not need too. Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I apologise kindMa'mm. 4 maybe 5 yrs. That is the model # I have.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The freezer makes ice and sems to freeze yet the frig side is still not fridgen.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
waiting
10/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician