Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to remove and replace a GE spacemaker microwave.

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to remove and replace a GE spacemaker microwave. I have a new one I want to install. I have removed the screws that were attaching it through the cabinet top, but it will not tip out from the (bracket ? ) holding it on the wall. I am at wits end. Short of complete disassembly and possible destruction of wall what can I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't know. I don't have the owners manual for it. It just says GE spacemaker on the front and it is almond color. It is in the house I inherited from my parents. Its at least 20 years old or so I would think. I'm sure the model number is ***** the (inaccessible back side of it).

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm already half way there.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Doing it by myself right now.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your microwave. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Please first check to make sure there weren't 3 screws holding the microwave in instead of 2.

If not, please let me know and we'll try something else.