Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Front end loader was over filled with blue jeans and shirts.

Customer Question
Front end loader was...

Front end loader was over filled with blue jeans and shirts. We get the codes on it and door locks but but washer want do anything

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Maxima 7 or 8 years trying to find model number MHW6000XW2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ser. C12352042

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We got cloths out but it still want spin water out or run no matter hoe

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The washer won't run or do anything if it can't drain the water out. Unfortunately these washers are not easy at all to access and fix a drain problem. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, it's very difficult. The top panel, the control panel, and the entire front panel all need to be removed so that you can access the pump below the tub. It's really a bad design and it was never this difficult in the past, but now there is quite a bit of work involved to clear the drain so unless you're really handy, this is not something you'll want to tackle yourself.

To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Tip the wash back a bit and there are 2 screws in the bottom right and left corner you need to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain pump mounted to the floor.

There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, re-assemble the washer and try again. Now if it still won't do anything, your control board was overloaded due to the motor struggling and the board would need to be replaced. On the other hand, if it starts up again but it won't drain the water out and spin like last time, replace the drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?