Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung French Door refrigerator is not working

Customer Question
My Samsung French Door...

My Samsung French Door refrigerator is not working correctly. The top frig part is cold but not the bottom freezer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7years old and I will get the model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is an easy fix than yes. I had someone come out today and they thought it was ice build up in the freezer, removed the panel in the frezzer but no ice

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

RFG297AA

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

OK the unit is likely running low on freon, check and make sure the condenser is clean. If it is then remove the back panel inside the freezer section and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Note the refrigerator section often will maintain temps still because there is enough freon to get to 37 degrees, but not enough to get to 0 degrees. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.