Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer shows do ...and wont start. Maytag neptune mah6500aww…

Customer Question
Washer shows...

Washer shows do ...and wont start

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag neptune mah6500aww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The "do" error means that the washer thinks the door is open which is why the washer won't start. The door switch is part of the door latch assembly so if you're sure you're closing the door, you need to order and replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the door latch you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

Below is a video on how to replace it if you wanted to replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?