Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My maytag was leaking badly. Had the icemaker d/c'd as

Customer Question
My maytag was leaking...

My maytag was leaking badly. Had the icemaker d/c'd as possible cause. Today, found big puddle spreading from under fridge. HELP!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe it's about 10 yrs old. It is a white, top freezer with glass shelves (if

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, I've already paid a $280.00 fee to d/c the icemaker!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The older fridges had water pans underneath. I don't see anything like that on this one.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Afraid I don't have model #. It is a frost free model probably at least 10 yrs old - looks just like the ones currently advertised.
I'm still here.

with out a model number I have no way to look up any information at all !

I will opt out so some one else can try to assist you!

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

I am a different tech, was the water under the unit or is there water inside the unit under the crisper drawers?

Appliance Technician: Jon, Owner/President replied 10 months ago
Jon
Jon, Owner/President
Phone call session started