Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung RF267AERS refrigerator. The fridge part…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung RF267AERS refrigerator. The fridge part (bottom) is over-freezing. I have ice there. What could be the problem? is it settings? I think it is set at -2 but not sure. Please advise

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 6 yrs and the model is above then /XAA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is something that I can do..

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes Samsung just fixed the over-freezing in the top refrigerator portion they changed some parts

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That likely is a blacked defrost drain line in the refrigerator section. It is common and will cause water to pool and even freeze in the bottom of the refrigerator section. If that is happening I would remove the back panel in the refrigerator section and check the defrost drain pan under the evaporator to make sure it is not frozen over. If it is defrost and clear the drain line and everything should work fine again.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

That IS what they were fixing. the drain clog, sensor and some other wire called something metal. That is all under warranty still. If this what caused the fridge to over-frieze? Reason I am asking they said if the problem with parts they replaced service will be free. If not they are going to charge me for everything including service call. So do I call them to come out?

Yes call them out what they did is causing the issue still, that should all be warrantied.

Ok thank you

No Problem!