Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Door to Filter will not open to replace filter. Seems door…

Customer Question
Door to Filter will...

Door to Filter will not open to replace filter. Seems door is disconnected

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

45 months. Several have tried to help. Lowe's cannot help because I did not buy the service contract. Unit bought in2015.,

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

We cannot get the old filter out because when you open the door it will not connect to the filter to get it out. I need a person to come and reconnect the door to the filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I live alone and not technically able

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just need to change my filter - months old now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Just Answer does not provide in home service. If you need an on site technician, you will need to find a local servicer. However, if you would like help to remove the filter yourself, I can try to help guide you.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

P5WB2L/P4RFWB

That appears to be the filter number. Do you have the model number from the refrigerator? he tag is in the refrigerator section, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.

You were not able to help me. Someone who knows what they are doing has to come here. The filter is lodged in for some reason and opening the door does not push the filter out. Without that the filter is lodged inside and I cannot get it out. Rita P****. Thanks anyway.

You were not able to help me, I have no idea what refrigerator you even have because you gave me the part number of the filter. So you will need to have a $150 service call if you cannot provide the model number or get the filter to release.

Model NO of refrig...P5WB2-L/P4RFWB purchased at Lowe's in2015

Nope, that is not the model of the refrigerator but of the filter.

Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

May we know your Zipcode please