Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Amana SRD25S3W. Had it for many years and use it for…

Customer Question
I have Amana SRD25S3W...

I have Amana SRD25S3W. Had it for many years and use it for beverage frig now. The one shelf always freezes cans. I know there used to be something to put on the hole moving cold from freezer to frig but I don't have it any more. Can you tell me what part I need

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

SRD25S3W and approx 15 - 20 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just the part number i need

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Are you talking about the CHILLER drawer?

At the second shelf there is a hole on the left side/freezer side where cold air transfers from freezer to refrigerator. There used to be a part that helped to transfer/difuse that cold air so the cold air circulated better. I have lost that part over time and now any items on the second shelf freezes. So i would like to replace that part.
i think this is what I need but I am not sure.
PartSelect Number PS2000212
Manufacturer Part Number 10872701
Manufactured by Whirlpool

Yes that is the slide on /off for the Chiller fresh drawer.

And yes if it is gone then you have direct below freezing air coming into the chiller fresh drawer area.

Do you know where I can purchase this part?

Oh sure you can order it right from this link.

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thank you! have a great day!

No problem ,Glad to assist you anytime.

Have a nice weekend and a safe one .

Thank you!