Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The F O signal is on I turned off the panel switch but 15…

Customer Question
The F O signal...

The F O signal is on I turned off the panel switch but 15 mins after I turn on again the FO sign comes back

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's all. It is leaving my oven inoperable

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Don't know the model no .It is ge monogram double oven approx 8 years old

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first if the control panel is not a glass touch panel. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.