Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a lower freezer that is working but the upper

Customer Question
I have a lower...

I have a lower freezer that is working but the upper refrigerator is not cooling the space efficiently. is there an internal breaker?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a Whirlpool Gold 22 cu.ft. model no. GB2FHDXWQO2. It is about five years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can... I am no expert.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No Pearl, I believe that is all I know.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
there is a fan running and yes there is frost build up on the back wall.

That frost is why the fresh food section is not cooling. Are you able to perform a good deal of disassembly and do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?