Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why is it that when you call maytag headquarters that you…

Customer Question
Why is it that...

Why is it that when you call maytag headquarters that you have to put ip with stupid people that has not got sence a dumb billy goat has has got can't understand a word they are saying how did they get the job in the first place no wonder people is having so many problems with their appliances. you would think that people working in a company would atleaast have brains to know what your talking about instead of putting you on hold for about 45 minutes leaving you hanging like you got all the time in the world and on top of that giving you different numbers from one place to the other to call one of the numbers was 1-***-***-**** and the other one was 1-***-***-**** which he said it was Assurance where I paid $352.50 just on my maytag dishwasher on top of that I bought extended service plan for my maytag washer and dryer also maytag microwave also me maytag glass top stove and it was not cheap infact I paid over $2500.00 for just a bundle of no good warranties that is not worth throwing out the back door. But to the point my dishwasher model/serial number is ***** #36644835LA install date was 07/23/2007 purchase price $352.50 term/plan code 60 months repair effective date 07/25/2014 expiration date 07/25/2019 retail cost of equipment refer to sales receipt MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY/ DEDUCTIBLE na/na I

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

If you can read what I just typed out I gave you the date we bought it plus the model/serial number also what I paid for the maytag extended service plan but like I said the dishwasher at the top of the door center at top got a crack and I though it was going to break last year so this year another crack came into it just to the left of the other crack which its not really a crack the plastic piece at the top all the way the way thru which I considerate it broke just hanging on till it does break anyways I found out it wasn't covered under warranity before I took it out on any of my applianceas and now all I'm getting is the run around what I want to know is would I be better off to just call a technician from this area out here and pay him a $100.00 if not more for a service call or try to get back in touch with the company and try to order the part from them because one of the people I talk with said something about me doing that and it would have instructions how to replace it. I'm sorry but I have changed all my appliances from Kenmore to maytag I was so excited when I finally met my goal I just though I finally had the best but when it comes time to start changing my appliances again I know maytag is not the best anymore like they once was In fact I will go as far to say I will never buy any thing with a maytag name on it. I am very upset with all this bull and besides I don't like to be jerked around. I'm sorry but I had to let who ever know how I felt also if people is going to work at a job they should act like they enjoy the job instead of just drawing a pay check they should be more polite and considerate. if it wasn't for the ecomunity those people would not have a job its us who pays their wages not the other way around. I'm sorry now can you help me

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I really don't know one of the people I talk with said some one would give me instructions

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've told you every thing I know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I totally get it and, believe me, we as technicians have to deal with the exact same thing on a daily basis! That being said, the extended warranties you bought do not cover cosmetic damage, like a cracked console. They cover manufacturer defects, like a faulty motor, a burnt out heating element, etc. So, the warranty you have is of no good for the issue you are having. Get a look at the link below. This is the part that is cracked, correct?

CLICK HERE