Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I want to clean the water drain tubes in my Kenmore

Customer Question
I want to clean...

I want to clean the water drain tubes in my Kenmore refigerator, but I don't know how to get to them

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

253.78252800

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I remove the tubes?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago
Joel Swenson

Ok so you will need to remove the back panel out of the freezer, once you have the panel out if you look below the evaporator coil (the lines the freon runs through) you will see a small hole that is where the water is suppose to drain. you can use a turkey baster and hot water to blow the line out. The refrigerator in the video may not be your exact unit but the back panel should come out just about the exact same way as the one in the video. The video is showing how to replace the evaporator fan but don't worry about that of course, I am just linking this video so you see how to take the panel in the freezer to access the defrost drain.

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.