Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a double oven (mod: JK5500SF2SS) i usually only use…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a double oven (mod: JK5500SF2SS) i usually only use the lower one. when I turn ether upper or lower oven on I hear a telly kick and something like the fan come on for about 5 seconds and an error code comes up F97

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

I did not find it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

The F97 error on that model means:

The speed of the lower fan is below the minimum fan speed parameter, the fan is not working or turning to slow, in most cases this means the fan needs replacing but can also be several other issues below are the troubleshooting points given by the manufacturer:

Check the cooling fan operation, make sure to check that all the fins are on the cooling fan

Check the FAD board, you should see a 5V pulse between Pin 1 and Pin 2 or Pin 2 and Pin 3 on the FAD board connector

Replace the cooling fan and/or board If both cooling fan and sensor seem to be working, replace the machine control

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.

is the sensor separate from the fan? do you have part #?
when i buy fan will it come with the sensor?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

They are separate although they are attached to the fan itself the lower fad board is:

Board Sensor

Part #: WB27T11451 - click here for part info at sears

Here is instructions how to check the lower fan fad board along with an image of it mounted to fan - click here for image

No its 2 separate parts and they are sold separate.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

The fan is :

Cooling Fan

Part #: WB26T10068 - click here for part info at sears

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

At this time I would ask that you rate my assistance and any more follow up questions will be answered asap, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson