Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking for a maytag manual for model LA512 series 4 serial…

Customer Question
Looking for a maytag...

Looking for a maytag manual for model LA512 series 4 serial 156653 XC

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model LA512...it is old...it was used when i got it 12 years ago. possible 15-20 years old?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes..however, i have already broken the drain connector which fit inside the hose.....might be the syphon break kit...? sorry...not an expert here.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Welll i was trying to get the top off to check on a leak. It looks like one of the hoses in the back, but of course I complicated things when trying to move the machine out to work on it. thus the borke connector... so ow have two problems

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The siphon break kit is one of two parts you will need. See those links below.

CLICK HERE

The other half of that is below.

CLICK HERE

As for the other initial leak problem, is it leaking while filling, a very common problem?

The injector tube is a very, very common source of leakage. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!