Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I attempted to change the water filter on my refrigerator…

I attempted to change...

I attempted to change the water filter on my refrigerator and cannot get the little door open more than about 2".. I don't want to force it and break itCan you help me ? Bea

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It came with my new house and its about 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.. I have changed the filter every 6 months. .Its very easy but now the door wont open.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

9/29/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the make and model number please.

Sorry.. I had computer problems too Amana do not know the model number it a smaller side by side

The model number is ***** on a sticker on the fridge side either towards the top on the side or at the bottom on the side behind one of the drawers.

I want to cancel this .. I will call a repair man to come out and solve my problem.. It will end up costing just as much but I don't have to do the work myself.. I am a senior and have trouble doing the work myself anyway.. Thanks anyway Bea

Ok then no worries.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started
I did not speak to anyone nor did I get an answer to my problem.. I live on Social Security and you are charging me $24.00 for NOTHING !! I will not recommend your services as I got NOTHING !
I would like that removed from my Credit Card Please. Bea

calling now

I tried calling you but it went to your VM. Please get back to me here and I will help you more. You have up to 30 days from today.

Most refs you will not need to open the access more then it allows. just push the button in fully to remove the filter. if that doesn't help the pressure will be keeping it in place. in that case please get water from the door. like two glass worth and that should release the pressure. then press button in again to release the filter. if that doest help you will need to turn the filter or twist it out. Please get back to me here and I will help you more. Thanks.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician