Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washing machine 2 years old has quit running when you…

Customer Question
My washing machine 2...

My washing machine 2 years old has quit running when you push the botton the light flickers the push again and it just humms. it had quit during the normal cycle so the clothes are in there and all wet . It never drained or spun.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool Model wtw5000dw

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No unless it is easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think I have explained it all.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

If you are looking for a Service Call to assist you, can you please advise your Zipcode so I can help you better

Please try a Reset first....

1. Turn the washer off.
  2. Set the mode selector dial to NORMAL.
  3. Turn the dial counter clockwise ONE click (LEFT), clockwise THREE clicks (RIGHT), counter clockwise ONE click (LEFT) then clockwise ONE click (RIGHT).
  4. Now press the start button.
  5. All the cycle indicating lights should be illuminated.
  6. Press the Start Stop button once.
  7. Rotate the dial until Rinse, Wash, and Stop light illuminate.
  8. Turn the washer off and unplug it for 10 seconds.
  9. Finally, turn on the washer and it should now be reset.
  10. Run a test load empty to be sure the reset worked. If not perform the reset procedure one more time.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe, many with our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The phone call service is not available from Australia unfortunately

Did you have any feedback from running the previously given steps to reset your machine ??

It did not work . After talking to the person at Whirlpool I caller a repair man in /sweet Home he came out. It was a bracelet caught in the Pump. He took it out it that fixed it.. Thank you.

Well why could I not see that !?!

So, well done the repair man ... yay !