Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a single thermado electric wall oven. I think the…

Customer Question
I have a single...

I have a single thermado electric wall oven. I think the professional series. I accidentally hit the self clean button when I wanted to hit the oven light and now cannot get it off as I do NOT want to clean the oven. Please help me!

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Don't know make and model because I don't have the manual. Its brand new and I just moved into my house. I hit the wrong button but isn't there a way to turn that off so that I don't have to clean the oven when its new and I don't want to?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I'm standing here and just want to delete this self clean session and i need to do it now as I was in the middle of baking something and this turned the oven off and each time I turn it back on it wants me to start the self clean

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm confused. I have now asked 3 times to know how to turn off the self clean. That's all I need

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Just turn the power off to the unit for a full minute and turn it back on at the circuit breaker, that will stop the cycle and the door should open.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician