Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bosch dw model shp878wd2n e 17 code. 2017. Dishwasher is out…

Customer Question
Bosch dw model...

Bosch dw model shp878wd2n e 17 code

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2017

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dishwasher is out on the floor

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

E17 means the dishwasher doesn't think it's filling up with water quick enough. First, if you have a flood safe hose, that is likely cutting the water flow off as these can be finicky. Try to disconnect the hose at the dishwasher, clean the screen on the valve where the hose connects to the dishwasher and make sure you're getting good water flow out the hose when you turn the water on to the dishwasher. Re-connect everything and try again. If you still have problems and it's just not filling fast enough but your water pressure is good from the house, the electronic water valve will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue because it's restricting the water flow for some reason.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.