Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Centennial Washer goes to sensing but will not go to…

Customer Question
Maytag Centennial Washer goes...

Maytag Centennial Washer goes to sensing but will not go to wash it will say sensing and locked for ever

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would have to go look about 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I could

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No it locks unlocks and stays on sensing can I disconnect sensing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Are you still there??

mvwc200xwo

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

When the lid locks does the lid lock light then illuminate?

ok when the lid locks and the lid lock light comes on does the unit bring in any water at all?

And if not have you verified that the incoming water supply is turned on the the washer?

no it does not and water is on

Have you run a diagnostics on the unit as of yet?

the water line just shakes

what do you mean it just shakes? shakes once or constantly while the washer is on?

I think when washer ask for water
I did do a diagnostics

ok so like it starts to bring water in the turns off real quick correct?

And did diagnostics give you any error codes?

I don't know who to read the codes

ok can you do diagnostics again then tell me which lights are on?

I went to the done light was on and hit the start button all 4 lights blink twice

now press start once again!

hold on ill go do that what should I look for

after you see the light blinking back and fourth press start again then you should get the cone light ,so press start once again and you should get a set of lights an PAUSE and another set of lights .

Let me know what those are .

I done it 3 times I get to the lights blinking move dial till I get to just the done light is on hit start all lights blink again hit start again they just keep blinking

ok lets unplug the unit for over 5 minutes and see if you can REBOOT the electronic control board ,then plug it back in and see if the unit will then start and operate or not .let me know please.

I did that this morning still nothing so I shut the breaker for 5 min put it back on and still the same it locks sensing light is on then unlocks locks again tub does move a few times then it just sits that with sensing and lock light on till they both go out in like 15 min just done go to wash or gets water

ok So the electronic control board will not reboot itself and you still get the same issue .

And the electronic control board will not go into a diagnostics program either.

I suspect that you have a failed control board, and it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

I took back panel of unplugged the 2 water shut offs pluged back in and still nothing will no get of sensing
get I disconnect sensing so it just goes to wash

i`m not sure what your last post was ,,is it a question ? ((et I disconnect sensing so it just goes to wash))

just can I do that
can I disconnect sensing

ok are you using a voice command to reply because your not making any sense!!

does it have to do sening can sening be diconnected

(sensing) is not a component that can be disconnected it is with in the electronic control boards software.

No it can not be disengaged to make the unit work .

the only way your going to fix your issue is by replacing the electronic control board.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time