Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Yesterday my fridge freezer stop working and the fridge

Customer Question
Yesterday my fridge freezer...

Yesterday my fridge freezer stop working and the fridge section is starting to warm a little but look like is going out also

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

May tag dual cool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model # msd2351kes ser. 20311694lp

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Oh its about 8 yrs old if I can do the work I will try.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you open the freezer door look on the rear interior wall panel ,do you see any frost or ice on the panel?

And do you hear the fan in the freezer running?

No there is no ice or frost.
I don't hear fan

Do you have lights in the unit?

I do have light

ok do you have a Volt -ohm meter and know how to use it for testing ?

No

ok So since you do have lights inside the unit ,we do know it has power so it I have to suspect that the Adaptive defrost control board is bad and no allowing the unit to run to cool .

I recommend replacing the ADC adaptive defrost control board in the fresh food section behind the controls.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Thank you in advance.

Good Morning Appliance Tech
I turned my fridge controls to off position on Sat. Then on Sunday I turned it on to help with the smell. later that day I
noticed it was making ice and had cooled down. Is it possible for these units to reset or is this temporally fixed. I did order
the recommended piece which I plan to replace myself. right now this is wait and see.

yes as with any electronic control board if you power it OFF for over 5 minutes you might be able to reboot it. and this would be a temporary fix .

if it stalled in a defrost mode ,it will happen again.

I would still replace the defrost control board.