Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am looking for a repair manual for my Kemore. Sorry, hit…

Customer Question
Hi, I am looking...

Hi, I am looking for a repair manual for my Kemore

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry, hit enter before I was done...model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have 40+ years working with electronics...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am getting a SUD failure followed by F 35. Have replaced the pressure sensor and Hose along with the CCU, no joy still getting the failures. Cleaned the trap at the pump (was gunky)...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Have you looked at the air trap on the outer tub to make sure it is not blocked?

Have you ever used a washer cleaner in the unit?

And what TYPE of detergent do you use? HE or non HE type

Good morning. I have checked the air trap, took the unit out and cleaned it, no blockages in the tub. Have not used a cleaner and we always use tide HE detergent.

how much detergent per load do you use?

So you have replaced the water level pressure switch and hose ,checked the air trap and replaced the CCU and your still getting the F35 error code correct?

She uses the amount specifiedon the bottle. Yes, I have changed the APS, CCU, checked the hose and cleaned the trap. The diagnostic tests fault at C00 anf give a F35, tried cleaned cycle and drain/soon both fault wit SUD.

ok one issue is she is using the amount of detergent the detergent manufacture want you to use.

They want you to buy more detergent!!

all that is needed is 2-3 table spoons of detergent per load.

I recommend to use a cleaner .

I recommend AFFRESH to all my customers , you can buy iy on the same isle as detergent in the stores .

And if you still get the F35 after using the cleaner to replace the upper wire harness .

If you need the part number I can provide that for you!

Okay, will get some refresh. Are there any voltage checks that can be made to ensure i dont have a bad CCU? The one I took out has blown capacitors, the new one came out of another machine that supposedly worked.

ok so it was not a new board but a used CCU If the unit lights up and gives you a error code the CCU has voltage to it .

The only other thing you can do is to ohm out the wire harness from the CCU to the APS to make sure you have no open wires or wires that are grounded to the chassis.

Do you have the P2P for.the harness?

what is the P2P ?

do you meant the parts info for the harness ?

Is so here it is .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Pin 2 pin wiring diagram.

the units tech sheet should be on the rear of the kick plate
(lower front panel)

CCU terminals APS terminals

PR8.8 1

PR8.7 2

PR8.6 3

PR8.5 4

PR8.4 5

PR8.3 6

PR8.2 open

PR8.1 open

Thanks, ***** ***** ring it out when I get home, around 1pm Pacific. Will let you know the reuslts.
Results...hate autocorrect at times.

no problem,, just reply when you can!

Okay, all wires ohm good Pin to pin and pin to ground with harness disconnected. Note: there is not a wire on the pin 5 to pin 4 connection. Took a couple of voltage readings, static condition (power plugged in, no cycle selected: PR8.7 5.01 VDC, PR8.4 5.01 VDC; RINSE/DRAIN SELECTED: PR 8.7 RAMP UP TO 1.5 VDC; PR 8.4 5VDC (VCC?) then SUD came on when PR8>7 reached its voltage. Do not know what the other pins should be reading during cycle start...

HUMM! on the pin PR8.5 to pin 4 and the connector does not have any sign of as if a wire has ever been there?

I ask because I`m getting this wire diagram right off this models tech sheet!

No, there has never been a pin those holes. This is a.steam unit, does that make a difference?

no I go right off the model number and that brings up the models tech sheet in the manufactures web site.

And the unit has never been worked on before you had this issue correct?

No, the only done was I changed the APS a couple of years ago. I bought some AFFRESH, going to try it in a few.minutes. Use it on the clean washer cycle?
Still getting SUD as soon as it starts draining. Could the bad CCU have blown the APS? The bad CCU has two capacitors that are bulging and leaking. Could it be the drain pump?

Yes on the clean cycle!

And if the drain pump is working (draining the washer) then it is not a pump issue.

it would be possible for the APS to take out the CCU and for the CCU to damage the APS

when it started to drain did you in fact have suds in the tub?

No, there was no suds present.

ok if your not having any suds and you have replaced the APS and the CCU and your still getting the error .

And you have checked the air hose from the APS to the tub and checked the air dome on the outer tub.

I would then replace both the APS and the CCU at the same time .

I have replace the hose, and cleaned out the air dome, but will check them again. I saw a website that you can get a repaired CCU and APS at the same time in exchange for the retrograde items. The problem is I can't remember the site!

the CCU I can see being rebuilt but not the sealed APS unit

Woody, I sent both units to Circuit Board Medics for repair. Received both back this afternoon, installed and the machine is running a rinse and spin right now. The repair sheet said both units had a failure.