Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool double oven and it is locked the door…

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool double oven and it is locked the door while I am cooking. It is is a accubake system.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx. 20 years and I am not the original owner so I don't have a owners manual

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I need to get it open so the food doesn't catch on fire. We turned off the oven but the element is on!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No but I need help right away

9/28/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Turn the breaker off immediately! It will be a 50 or maybe a 40 amp large breaker.

The relay has welded closed on the oven control and it is very dangerous like that. The oven control needs to be replaced but you have to turn the breaker off right away!

The model number is ***** the lower oven around the oven cavity opening after the door is opened.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

We turned the breaker off but the door is still locked so I can't get a model # but at least the heat is off.

It will not unlock until it cools down. Is the bottom door the one that is locked?

There is no point in talking! I will have to call someone to come out.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

I would wait to call anyone out until you get the model number for me. Most of these older controls are no longer available so you will pay $100-150 to be told that they cannot repair it.... ;-)

No thank you! The appliance repair service I use will put the money towards a new one if it can't be repaired. Thanks for your help.

Excellent, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

KELLY was very helpful !
I would not have thought of turning the breaker off which prevented my dinner from burning up and possibly catching on fire! I give him 5 stars!

There should be stars at the very top, thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician