Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The coils are cold and of course the Kitchenaid is not

Customer Question
The coils are cold...

The coils are cold and of course the Kitchenaid is not making ice

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is probably less than 10 years old. This is our 3rd ice maker in the 29 years we have lived here.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I am an 85 year old woman and my husband is 90 so we are just trying to get info right now as to the possibility of what may be wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just thought you may have an idea as to what may be causing our problem. I cleaned the unit last week with the Whirlpool ice machine cleaner. It started up fine and has been making ice until today. It says I should order the accelar-ice, which I did and it should be here Saturday.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

I am so sorry to have bothered you. I will have to look up this info and it may take me some time. I think I will call in a local person to take a look at it as I usually do. I just thought I would try going on line which I find was not a good idea for me to do. Please, charge me for this and take me off any plan you may have put me on. Please use the credit card for today and nothing else. Kelly, I am sure you are quite good at what you do, but there should be someone on this end of the line that is more savvy. Thank you!

I will send your deposit in for a refund. Have a blessed day!

I think I should wait for my son to take care of this. My concern is to be charged only for info today and nothing in the future. Thank you so much.

I sent your deposit in to be refunded so you are not charged at all for anything! :~)