Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jenn Air Double convection wall oven 30 inch that…

Customer Question
I have a Jenn...

I have a Jenn Air Double convection wall oven 30 inch that is about 12 years old and has always worked great, went to use it tonight and it has error code 4d21on both ovens no matter what you do.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 years old and model # JJW9830DDW Serial # 18638128GT

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What does it involve?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have never had an issue with any of my Maytag-Jen Air appliances before now.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Jenn Air oven . Please give me a moment to review your question.

Do you know if the error code occurred after the last time you cooked?

The error code you received means that there was an issue with the cooling fan. It may have just been intermittent. Many time, you can turn the power off from the breaker for 60 seconds and then back on and it will reset. The breaker for this oven is sometimes in a panel outside near the electrical meter. If the error occurs again, then you likely have a bad cooling fan. There are 2 of them. In the event that one is bad, it is an advanced repair that requires removal of the oven. The fan that is suspect will be the one associated with the oven last used. The fan is on top of the associated oven (lower or upper). The part number for the upper fan is WP74008383 and the lower is WP74008437.

-- - I hope I have earned a five star rating from you. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. Thank you.