Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washing machine is locked, how do I unlock it. Model #

Customer Question
My washing machine is...

My washing machine is locked, how do I unlock it

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model # GHW9200LQ

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

5 years???

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you don't hear a motor running, you'll need to manually unlock the door. To do so, remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel of the washer. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. If you unplug the washer and then reach down behind the front panel to the door latch on the right side of the door way, there is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom or the right side of the latch (depending on your model number). If the tab is hanging from the bottom of the latch, you pull straight down and it'll unlock. If the tab is on the right side you pull up and it'll unlock.

Now if the door lock is flashing and you hear a drain pump running, just leave the washer plugged in and after 15-30 minutes the washer will unlock on it's own and shut the pump off. The washer just went into flood mode because it took longer than 6 minutes to reach the proper water level.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.