Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

This just happened this morning. If possible i checked the…

Customer Question
This just happened this...

This just happened this morning.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible i checked the trouble shooting guide and did not see my issue there

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Our bottom freezer on our Whirlpool gold french door refrigerator has frost and the light is not on. everything seems cold the temp is set as recommended at -5

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

A little over 5 years last may model G16FARXXY06

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, the freezer being icy only occurs if the freezer drawer someone was left cracked open, or the temperature in the freezer is well below 0ºF. Since the light is staying on, it sounds like the drawer isn't shutting all the way. Use a hair dryer and thaw all that frost out, then close the door and make sure it seals up al the way around. Use an alternate thermostat and check the temperature of the freezer and it should be around 0ºF. If it's something like -6 or -10 degrees, replace the sensor inside the freezer.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?