Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR Mod# GB2FHDXWS07 that the…

Customer Question
I have a WHIRLPOOL...

I have a WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR Mod# ***** that the ice maker is not getting any power, what controls this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if we can trouble shoot the problem

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, the icemaker only gets power when the door light switch is pushed in which is why you're probably not reading power. Other than that, the power comes directly from the the power cord, then it goes through the freezer door switch, then to the icemaker.

Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

7 Deg. F. Replaced the door switch, have a new ice maker.

OK, I gave you very possibility in my first reply. There are no other options. Just follow my instructions step by step and that will let you know what is wrong.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?