Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Everything works and the metal fins that freezes the water…

Customer Question
Everything works and the...

Everything works and the metal fins that freezes the water as it runs over it get cold but not cold enough to make ice.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Edgestar model IB450SS ice maker

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Have you ever cleaned the condenser coil under the unit?

Did I loose you?

It looks pretty clean. The whole unit looks pretty new. I got it from a friend. He said it just stopped making ice.
I ran it without water pouring over the tray and noticed it was getting cold but not cold enough to freeze the water.

ok so this just did not start happening then .

In that case if the Condenser coil is clean I suspect that the unit has a sealed refrigeration leak init some where.

And if it is just a fitting that is leaking ,your possible looking at around $200-$300 to dump the refrigerant m, repair the fitting replace the systems filter dryer and recharge the system .

But if it is in a component like the Condenser coil or the Evaporator plate you may be looking at over $500 to replace and repair the system.

And the repair to the Sealed refrigeration system has to be done by a EPA certified repair person .

If you have any =questions just reply back to me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time