Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE dishwasher MOD GLD5900N10BB will not wash. Water is not…

Customer Question
Second opinion] GE dishwasher MOD...
Second opinion] GE dishwasher MOD GLD5900N10BB will not wash. Water is not getting into the washer. I have replaced the inlet water valve, and checked the float switch for continuity. The washer heater is on during was cycle but no water to was dishesJA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?Customer: about 10 years. It is the QuietPower 3, Model GLD5900N10BBJA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?Customer: YesJA: Anything else we should know to help you best?Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Have you tested for voltage to or out of the float switch assembly when the dishwasher should be filling?

no

ok if the unit is not getting any water into the unit the first thing you need to do is find out if the float switch is even getting voltage to it to be able to energize the water inlet valve .

When the unit should be calling for water ( the first two minutes of the cycle after it is turned on ) test the pink wire on the float switch to chassis ground for 120 volts A/C if you do have voltage there then test the other wire on the float switch yellow to chassis ground to see if the float switch is bad.

If you do not have voltage on the pink wire to chassis ground then you have an electronic control board issue and the control board will need to be replaced.

if you need parts info just let me know!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Master Tech
Master Tech