Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am real estate agent & have a client that has a Thermadore…

Customer Question
I am real estate...

I am real estate agent & have a client that has a Thermadore build in the wall oven EVERYTHING works but, you can not see the panel when she turns the oven on I had an appliance guy out there that had a terrible time finding the model number & he is telling me the part number no longer exist

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is around 11 years old & all I know is Thermadore.....He says part number is ***** but, I didnt have high confidence in his ability

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO But, I have already paid him to go out so if I can find the part number I do not want to pay someone else

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope that is it....oh you can see the CLOCK it is super faint but, you can not see any of the display other then that...so you dont know when the oven is on or what degreee

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If the LCD display is dim or fades out when the oven is turned on then yes the Electronic control board (that the LCD screen is part of )would need to be replaced.

And by law appliance manufactures only have to provide replacement parts for 7 years after those 7 years most manufactures contact parts dealers that have purchased parts and have them return unused part for credit and the manufacture either scrape the part so recycles the parts .

So if the unit is over 7 years old then the servicers is correct the part is probably no longer available.

If you have any questions just reply back to me!