Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer, model

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer, model #GHW9100LW2, that won't drain and flashes the letter F. It stops with 11 minutes showing on the rinse cycle and beeps repeatedly. The door is locked. I tried pressing cancel twice with no change. I tried unplugging it then replugging. No change. I finally left it unplugged for 10 minutes then pressed cancel to get the door to unluck so I could get the clothes out. I tried to run just the rinse/drain cycle but it makes a weird clicking noise and the inside tub doesn't spin. I had to get a bucket to remove the water.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I purchased it in 2004. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I just don't know what's wrong and what parts we need.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Have you removed the front lower panel and cleaned out the drain pump filter catch ?

No, how do I do that?
Hello? How do I remove the front cover and clean the drain pump filter catch?
Are you there?
Woody?

the lower panel has two screws on the (bottom ) of the panel ,just remove the two screws and pull the panel off , the pump and filter is right on the base of the unit.

And you ARE NOT the only customer that I`m assisting to day ,so please be patient

I will have to wait until this evening when my husband is home and can help. Will I have to pay again then?Can you tell me how to get the code? My washer just flashes F with no number or anything after it.

You say that you have a F then an 11 correct?

Then if so the error code would be F11 the 11 is not minutes left in that cycle.

No, it just flashes F with no number after it. The rinse cycle stops with 11 minutes left. No F11.

And just reply back to me thru your E-Mail just like you are now and I will replay back to you as soon as I see it!

If the washer is flashing F the number is ***** error code.

Once the display shows an F it will NOT show any time left the 11 is part of the code .

F11

Oh, OK. It will be this evening. Is that all right?

sure just reply back and when I see it I will reply back to you.

Here is a video showing how to gain access for the pump filter assembly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWU0NonOHhA

Thank you.

no problem.

And do you still have the F11 code showing in the display at this time?

John, Home Appliance Technician