Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag automatic electric dryer works but no heat comes out…

Customer Question
Maytag automatic electric dryer...

Maytag automatic electric dryer works but no heat comes out - we checked the vent hose and nothing is collected in there

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years old at least model DE410

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dryer has worked like a dream - the other day I had to clean out vent on the outside and then it was fine. I noticed steam coming out on outside while it was working and then it just was blowing cool air. Is it best just to get a new dryer?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your dryer . Please give me a moment to review your question.

Hello can you tell me if you have this issue on all cycles?

I tried 3 cycles but am trying another this minute

Ok.

For this model, which is actually over 20 years old. Given that you have no heat on any cycles, you will need to replace the heating element. They only have so many hours of operation and eventually give out. The part number is *****

Here is a link to the part on Amazon: http://a.co/4PURTZ0

Here is a link to a video that will help you replace it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYucHx9zQTU

-- - I hope I have earned a five star rating from you. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech