Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have Maytag washing machine - Oasis - whose tub seems to…

Customer Question
Have Maytag washing machine...

Have Maytag washing machine - Oasis - whose tub seems to have become unbalanced. On spin cycle it makes terrible banging noise, and I am unable to reposition clothes and correct the unbalane. Error message is Ul.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is an Oasis, and it's certainly an older model. Maybe 5 or 6 years?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not, but I want to have an idea of what the problem might be. I keep thinking new bearings and leveling the machine, but I am certainly not a technician. The problem is that two different appliance repair companies have been stumped by what's wrong with it (!!??) - they were sent out by my warranty company who finally gave up and offered me a settlement of about 1/3 what I paid for the washer. However, I am so sick and tired of getting sent incompetent workers that I said okay. But now I want to know if it can be fixed before I buy another washer!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unless you can think of anything to ask me about the problem?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Please give me a few minutes to review your question. Thank you for your patience.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago

The most common issue that causes that issue on Oasis machines are the suspension rods are bad below is a video that shows how to replace them, if need part numbers for the rods please send me the model number of your washer and I will be glad to give you them, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago

Here is the video - click here for video