Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a dishwasher model: du810swpq0, s/n: fs2190351 and I…

Customer Question
I have a dishwasher...

I have a dishwasher model: du810swpq0, s/n: fs2190351 and I can not remove the impeller from the pump motor shaft. any ideas ?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Whirlpool DU810SWPQ0. the pump and motor died and I have a new motor and pump, but I can not remove the impeller from the motor shaft. I'd like to salvage the existing impeller

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Affirmative

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything. I bought the parts off your web site

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Why would you need that? The new one comes together and it is pressed on and not removable. Just put the new one in and you will be just fine.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.