Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Profile refrigerator-bottom freezer. the water

Customer Question
I have a Profile...

I have a Profile refrigerator-bottom freezer. the water filter light indicates it needs to be changed. the model calls for an RPFWE filter but the local hardware store only has RPFW filter. it the replacement looks very similar to the original can I use this filter?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I can get it but it will take a moment

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. the appliance is only six months old and this is the first time the replace filter indicator light has come on

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will get the model info from the door now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

They are not compatible. You have to use the E series. The one you need is available below.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!