Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Bosch SHE45M06UC/50 dishwasher and the wash cycle…

Customer Question
We have a Bosch...

We have a Bosch SHE45M06UC/50 dishwasher and the wash cycle is getting stuck at 1 on the countdown. Is there a diagnostic test that I can do that would give an error code indicating the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The dishwasher is approximately 10 yrs old. The Model number from the door is SHE45M06UC/50.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possible. If not would like an Idea of what the repair man diagnosis as the problem should be.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. Is there a diagnostic procedure that i can do on this machine?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this is a very common issue and it means that your control board inside the door has failed. There is a relay on the board that shorts out. This relay sends power to the heater, so when it fails the dishwasher doesn't wash well and it will run forever trying to heat the water which will never happen. It then stalls at 1 minute indefinitely. Below is a link to the control board in the upper right hand corner of the door you'll need to replace in order to fix the problem. The part costs about $250 + shipping.

CLICK HERE for control board

To access the control board, just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door except the 2 down by the bottom of the door hinge, just loosen those two. Once you have those out, remove the 2 coming in from the sides of the control panel (left and right). The control panel will then pull off and you can access the control board inside. Remove the control panel and there are 3 tabs on the bottom of the control board you need to depress. Push on the tabs and remove the control board, then switch over connections one at a time and you should be good to go again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?