Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Lg french door refrigerator stopped making ice. I changed…

Customer Question
Lg french door refrigerator...

Lg french door refrigerator stopped making ice. I changed water filter, but it is still not working. Is there something else I need to check or am I not giving the refrigerator long enough to start the ice making process again?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years old. lg model LFX33975ST/03

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Does the water dispenser still dispense water?

I did just notice that the refrigerator is flashing the change filter light after the door is opened and reshut.

OK then the water filter has nothing to do with the problem because that would stop both the icemaker and the water dispenser. Probably the best thing to do is determine if your icemaker is bad and not cycling, or if it's just not getting water. First, make sure the icemaker is not turned off on the dispenser panel. If the icemaker is on, take the bucket out and expose the icemaker. Fill up the icemaker with enough water till fill the ice tray. Put everything back together and wait 24 hours. See if it makes ice. If it dumps the ice over the next 24 hours but it doesn't refill with water, possibly the fill tube above the icemaker is frozen and needs to be thawed out with a hair dryer. Otherwise, if it doesn't make ice, replace the icemaker. Below is a link to the icemaker.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Don't think the fill tube is not frozen. I checked it earlier and it is very flexible.
How do you want me to add water to the ice tray?

It's a tight area but you can fill up but the tray using a turkey baster if you have one. Otherwise you can uninstall the entire icemaker and fill it up with a cup and then re-install the icemaker.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?