Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

L2 just came up on my dryer what does that mean. I cleaned…

Customer Question
L2 just came up...

L2 just came up on my dryer what does that mean. I cleaned the lint tray and it started up was the the problem

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirpool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That 's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

L2 means that your dryer thinks it's only getting 110 volts instead of 220 volts. First, flip your breaker off to the dryer and then back on to see if that reset the issue. If not, pull the dryer forward and remove the back access panel where the power cord connect to the back of the dryer itself. Make sure none of the wires going to the terminal block where the power cord connects are shorted or burnt out. Now if all that checks good, you need a multimeter to test power between the 2 outside power wires. You should have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires on the power cord coming from your house. If you do, the main board inside the dryer has just failed and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.