Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What is the meaning of connected load in your appliance

Customer Question
What is the meaning...

What is the meaning of connected load in your appliance specifications

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance in question?

Frigidaire Cook Top Model FPEC3677RF

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No Thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your cooktop. Please give me a moment to review your question.

"Connected load" just means that when the appliance is drawing current from the voltage source, that the readings you will get at the voltage source will be different than when the appliance is not connected or "plugged in". For example, you might get 240 volts at the junction box when the cook top is not connected. But when you connect it and turn it on, you may have 230 volts at the junction box because the current draw of the cook top (load), creates a voltage drop in the wiring (due to slight resistance) in the house that reduces the voltage at the junction box. Readings that you get when a load is connected are more true than when the load is not connected - since the wiring is being put to task.

-- Would you mind rating my service to you? Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. Thank you.